|Courtesy of Lousam of the NHL team via stock.xchng|
Commenters from last week were looking for recipe ideas for cabbage, kale and peas.
If you have not received any peas in your share, just substitute frozen peas.
- Pea-camole from Simple Bites: Think guacamole but more like a veggie dip!
- Pea soup from Dorie Greenspan: Dorie makes this one as a winter soup with frozen peas, but it would be lovely with fresh peas as well. This is not sickly green like a split-pea soup but bright and fresh.
- Ham and cheese mac with peas from Cooking Light: A sing-songy name and a taste even your picky kid eaters will love.
- Asian coleslaw from Christina Keyes via Cooking Light: This one calls for two different kinds of cabbage so you can use whatever is native to your area.
- Cabbage and sausage casserole from Real Simple: Hey, it's only got four ingredients, one of which is sausage, so it MUST be good!
- Baked pasta with kale from Cooking Light: The original recipe calls for collards but I have substituted kale many times with yummy success.
- Brazilian greens from Gourmet via my friend Kristen via Epicurious: Another recipe designed for collards but perfect for any hardy green.
Cabbage OR Kale:
- Nouveau colcannon from The Ninj and Mark Bittman: Yep, you read about it recently and it is still awesome. Add or subtract the add-ins per your own preferences.
Be sure to post a comment below and let me know what you need help with for next week!